Asia is huge and the largest continent in the world. It is also the world’s biggest in terms of population, with over four (4) billion people residing in the 50 countries of this massive continent. Asia is simply unique where each country is quite different from the other. Book cheap flights to Asia with FlyOfinder today and head for a fascinating holiday in this continent of immense contrasts!
The continent of Asia is famous for its long and interesting history where the first settlements of humans are believed to have originated. With such a large number of countries, each of them having its own unique culture and history, it’s no wonder that Asia is ready to offer you a fascinating and diverse experience. Look forward to an exciting and fun-filled vacation in Asia where you will get amazed with stunning landscapes, delicious cuisines and umpteen historical and cultural attractions!
Top Attractions in Asia
Asia is ready to amaze you with its picturesque remote islands and mega metropolises. Visit some of Asia's top travel spots to get a healthy dose of culture, ancient history and adventure. Here are some of the best places you should consider visiting in the Asian continent.
- Maldives: A tourist's paradise featuring spectacular tropical landscapes, coral reefs, crystal clear ocean waters and unparalleled white sand beaches
- Tokyo: Japan's mega city constantly bustling with movement. It is also one of the world's largest cities
- Phuket, Thailand: popular for stunning beaches and cerulean waters
- Bali, Indonesia: profound natural beauty featuring scenic beaches, sweeping valleys, picturesque mountain ranges and lush rainforests
- Hong Kong, China: unmatched natural beauty, towering skyscrapers, thousands of dining options and numerous street markets
- Chiang Mai: famous for breathtaking temples, elephant sanctuaries and beautiful Doi Suthep-Pui National Park
- Kyoto, Japan: a history lover's paradise, popular for ancient religious sites dating back to the eighth century and the famous Philosopher's Walk during cherry blossom season
- Singapore: unique melting pot of Asian cultures famous for eclectic culinary scene, colourful neighborhoods and overall modernity
- Seoul, South Korea: renowned for its ancient temples, towering skyscrapers, shrines and beautiful villages
- Penang, Malaysia: known as 'the Pearl of the Orient', popular for delicious Southeast Asian cuisines
- Rajasthan, India: a desert state famous for its rich history and impressive forts
Asia Facts File
Here are some of the important things you should be acquainted with before embarking on your Asian sojourn.
- Asia is a huge continent with a total size of 44,579,000 square kilometres or 17,212,000 square miles. It is also the world's most populous continent. The largest countries in the world such as Russia, China, and India can be found here
- There are 49 countries in Asia which are UN members, there is 1 UN observer, while 5 other states are not fully recognized by all nations
- Asia is home to 14 of the tallest mountains in the world. All these mountains over 8000 meters above the sea. Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world at 8 848 meters above sea level
- Asian continent has more billionaires than any other place in the world. In fact, China has more billionaires than the USA
- Many tallest buildings in the world can be found in Asia. Burj Khalifa in Dubai is presently the world's tallest building
- Asia is home to 4,46 billion people, thus accounting for more than 60% of the total human population on planet Earth. China and India are just two countries where 2,6 billion people live
- Japanese people live the longest in the world. At 84.2 years, the life expectancy in Japan is the longest
- Rice is a staple food in the Asian continent. Most of the rice is produced and consumed here. Asians eat up to 90% of the total rice production in the world
- Japan, South Korea and Singapore are the three top Asian countries with the highest IQ on average in the world
- More than 2,300 languages are recognized and spoken in Asian countries